When faced with endless array of delicious food options on an all-inclusive holiday, there is so much temptation to over-indulge! Lomax Personal Trainer and Nutrition Consultant, Krystina Reimer, shares her top tips for making healthier decisions at the buffet table.
1. Start your day off with a healthy balanced breakfast. Always go for protein first such as an omelette or poached eggs on toast. If you’re not a fan of eggs, try having plain yoghurt and fruit.
2. Use a smaller plate and avoid over piling it, have smaller portions, you can always go back for more if you are still hungry but let your body have time to register when it's full.
3. Go for lean sources of protein, if you are at a seaside destination enjoy fresh seafood. Eat lots of coloured vegetables. Don't go crazy at the dessert bar, yes you are on holiday and there to enjoy yourself, BUT you do also need to be feeling great in a bikini the next day. Nothing tastes as good as feeling good does.
4. Keep hydrated (with water not cocktails). Drinking an extra litre or two of water each day on holiday well help prevent dehydration especially if you have been sitting out in the sunshine. Remember alcohol dehydrates your body too, so balance it out with lots of water.
5. Cocktails contain a lot of hidden sugars, so if you are going to have a few drinks stick to spirits and low sugar/calorie mixes. My go to is a G&T with slimline tonic which has less than 60kcal a serving.
Krystina Reimer is a Personal Trainer and Nutrition Consultant at Lomax. Email [email protected] or call 08715 120 770 to book an appointment with Krystina.
A healthy hub in the heart of Chelsea, Lomax offers the latest in tailored pay-as-you-go fitness, nutrition, and wellbeing.
Taking an all encompassing approach to health and fitness, Lomax provides a complete range of services that are both luxurious and affordable. Featuring 12 fitness pods (or mini gyms), a performance-based clinic, Grill Market café, sunlit reformer Pilates studio and basement indoor cycling studio under one roof, everything is available on a pay-as-you-go basis with no membership or joining fees!