Tobago’s spectacular beaches, turquoise waters and pristine rainforest are an appealing combination for those looking for action-packed beach fun in the Caribbean sunshine. From paddle boarding to golf and even excellent birding, the adventures in store are endless – here are some of our favourite activities that will make your exploration of Tobago even more memorable:
– Stand-up paddle boarding along the gorgeous Caribbean coast of the island is great fun and you can enjoy beautiful views as you explore the gentle shores. One of the highlights of a trip to Tobago is trying this amazing excursion at night under the stars, as you paddle through a lagoon with bioluminescent waters – jump into the water to see glowing plankton sparkle with light all around you - it's stunning!
– Golfers will be delighted with the golf courses on Tobago. Two championship 18-hole courses are currently in play, and a third 9-hole course is in plans – all boasting beautiful surroundings and views, what more could you wish for!
– The Atlantic coast is perfect for trying your hand at adventurous watersports; kite boarding and wind surfing are some of the island’s most popular activities, with lessons available for all ages and experiences.
– The Tobago Rain Forest is the oldest protected Forest in the Western Hemisphere, established in 1765, and is home to some of Tobago's most colourful species of birds. We recommend exploring the rainforest by foot or by bike for the more adventurous. There are incredible hiking and mountain biking nature trails where you can spot amazing birdlife, and even swim in hidden waterfalls amidst swathes of virgin rainforest.
– Going on a glass bottom boat ride for snorkelling towards Little Tobago is great fun, or sailing a Hobie Cat across the translucent waters surrounding Tobago is a great way to while away a sunny day on holiday.
– Horse riding along the beach and in the gentle shallows is completely picturesque and a magical way to explore the coastline, giving you fabulously scenic views.
To find out more on the adventures in store on a luxury holiday to Tobago, please contact us on 020 7751 0660.