8 Days / 7 Nights
Let us introduce you to Sri Lanka’s wide-ranging and fascinating appeal, from mist-covered tea plantations to the gentle giants of Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage.
- Day 1: Arrive into Colombo, afternoon at leisure. Overnight The Wallawwa.
- Day 2: Visit Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage. 2 nights' stay at Jetwing Vil Uyana.
- Day 3: Explore Sigiriya, a 5th Century rock fortress, then drive on to Polonnoruwa to explore the ruins of this once great garden city.
- Day 4: View Dambulla Cave Temple’s renowned paintings and sculptures, then head to Matale and take a walk through a spice garden. Continue to Kandy. 2 nights' stay at The Kandy House.
- Day 5: Tour Kandy, and in the evening visit the Temple of the Tooth Relic.
- Day 6: Take a scenic drive through hill country to Hatton. Afternoon at leisure. 2 nights’ stay at Ceylon Tea Trails.
- Day 7: See the whole tea making process, from the fields, to the factory, to the tasting. Afternoon at leisure.
- Day 8: Transfer to your chosen beach hotel.
7 Nights from £2,049 per person in low season and £2,489 per person in high season. Prices based on 2 adults sharing, including breakfast, 2 lunches, 2 dinners and drinks while at Ceylon Tea Trails on Days 6 and 7, return scheduled flights, private air-conditioned transportation, an English speaking driver guide, entrance fees to all attractions visited and use of a lounge at Heathrow.