The gorgeous Caribbean island of Barbados is the perfect setting to enjoy fun sports and activities in breathtaking surroundings and glorious sunshine, and 2017 has been dubbed the Year of Sports in Barbados. The island is beautiful and you can be incredibly active here, with amazing opportunities to enjoy the very best of its beaches and surrounding waters, with exciting activities at your fingertips including swimming with turtles, sailing, fishing and much more.
In 2017 Barbados is hosting numerous varied events and the island’s sport and culture calendar is positively eye-watering. We have selected a few of our favourite events in 2017 that will make your holiday to the magical island of Barbados even more exciting:
Barbados Sports Calendar 2017
- Barbados International Game Fishing (19 – 23 April)
- Barbados Island Fit Games (05 - 07 May)
- Finn World Masters Championships (02 -09 June)
- Sir Garfield Sobers International Schools Cricket (09 – 23 July)
- Emancipation Walk (01 August)
- Barbados Surfing Nationals (September)
- National Dinghy Championships (08 – 22 October)
- Sizzling Beach Volleyball (04 – 05 November)
- Run Barbados Marathon Weekend (01 – 03 December)
Barbados is an amazing destination to be active, but it's also home to luxury hotels, breathtaking beaches, fabulous restaurants and much more just waiting to be discovered. To find out more on sports and cultural events in Barbados or to book your holiday, contact us on 020 7751 0660.